For almost two years now, we have been going through an unprecedented period that has forced us to adapt on multiple levels, individually and as a community. Prior to the launch of the event in June, the OsstidBurn organization consulted with all the volunteers who raised their hands to organize the 2021 edition. It was through the enthusiasm and commitment of these volunteers that the organizing committee moved forward with an event in October.
The line of conduct is the one from public health and its sanitary measures in place for the safety of all for the maintenance of the edition 2021. #civicresponsibility
The health rules as of September 12, 2021 are as follows:
- Social distancing measure: during an outdoor event, a distance of 1m between individuals not from the same residence is requested. (https://www.quebec.ca/sante/problemes-de-sante/a-z/coronavirus-2019/plan-deconfinement/festivals-evenements
- Wearing a mask: Wearing a mask is suggested if the 1m distance cannot be respected, and is also recommended as you wander around. (https://www.quebec.ca/sante/problemes-de-sante/a-z/coronavirus-2019/masque-ou-couvre-visage-covid-19/port-du-couvre-visage-dans-les-lieux-publics-covid-19 )
- Hand hygiene: in the context of a camping event, it is sometimes more difficult to maintain one’s usual reflexes. Hand washing stations (hydroalcoholic gel) will be available at various locations, but we strongly encourage you to carry hydroalcoholic gel with you and to wash your hands regularly with soap and water. (https://www.quebec.ca/sante/conseils-et-prevention/prevention-des-accidents-des-lesions-et-des-maladies/lavage-des-mains)
- Vaccine passport: Vaccine passports are required to enter the site with NO exceptions. If you show up at the Gate without your vaccine passport indicating “adequately protected”, we will not be able to let you in, even if you have a ticket to the event. There will be no negotiation. Anyone without a valid vaccination passport will be refused entry to the site. For more information on how to obtain your vaccine passport, please visit the government website: https://www.quebec.ca/sante/problemes-de-sante/a-z/coronavirus-2019/deroulement-vaccination-contre-la-covid-19/passeport-de-vaccination-covid-19
- Important: The 2nd dose of vaccine must be given more than 7 days prior to the event or the vaccine passport will not be validated.
- No PCR test (screening) is, for the moment, recognized by Public Health as a replacement for the vaccine passport. A negative screening test will therefore not be accepted at the Gate for admission to the event.
- Vaccinated outside of Quebec: two cases:
- Resident of Quebec and vaccinated elsewhere: https://www.quebec.ca/sante/problemes-de-sante/a-z/coronavirus-2019/deroulement-vaccination-contre-la-covid-19/vaccination-contre-covid-19-exterieur-quebec-inscription-registre-vaccination
- Non-resident of Quebec and vaccinated elsewhere: https://www.quebec.ca/sante/problemes-de-sante/a-z/coronavirus-2019/deroulement-vaccination-contre-la-covid-19/passeport-de-vaccination-covid-19#c111327