WHAT IS LNT — LEAVE NO TRACE?
Unlike mainstream festivals, LNT events do not provide facilities for garbage or recycling on the site. Each participant must assume responsibility for their environmental impact.
Everything brought to OsstidBurn must leave with you, including your waste. Be sure to dispose of it responsibly after the event.
When the event is over, it is imperative that you take the time to clean up the area where your camp and your art installation were located. Whether your camp is 3 or 25 people, everyone has to ensure they left their space as they found it. There must be no sign that we were there!
HOW TO CLEAN UP (LNT) YOUR SPACE
Each camp must create a grid, before setting up camp and after you strike camp.
1. Have Ziploc bags or other containers.
2. Place yourselves in a line, leaving about one meter between each person.
3. Walk forward and pick up anything unnatural that you see — nothing is too small.
4. Make sure to cover the entire area.
ADVICE FOR LEAVING NO TRACE
- Everything you bring must leave with you.
- Remove all unnecessary packaging before you arrive at OsstidBurn.
- CAUTION TO SMOKERS! Do not throw your butts in the forest. Use a portable ashtray.
- Do not let anything touch the ground (gray water, alcohol, etc.).
- Make sure everything is secured in your camp in case of wind and rain.
- Bring trash bags. Each person must bring back at least one bag of garbage after the event. When leaving, make sure that garbage and other items installed on your car do not come loose on the way home.
- Do a sweep of your camp once a day. (MOOP sweep)
- Allow time to clean up your camp and the OsstidBurn site at the end of the event.
- Thank you for taking Leave No Trace seriously, this is one of the 10 Burning Man Principles.